Frequently Asked Questions
Are the ingredients organic?
Our bone broths are 100% organic. All ingredients including the bones, vegetables, spices, and apple cider vinegar are certified organic by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. Our animals are sourced from Canadian farms and have never been treated with antibiotics or added hormones.
What’s the difference between bone broth and regular stock or broth?
There are many differences between a regular stock and Broya's bone broth so we'll name them all here:
1. Cooking time: our bone broth is cooked for a much longer period of time than stocks or broths to ensure that all the nutrients including the collagen protein and all those other amazing minerals and nutrients are extracted from the bones. We cook our bones for 24 hours, where regular stocks are only cooked anywhere between 1 to 3 hours.
2. Bone quantity: the bone-to-water ratio in our bone broth is a much higher ratio than you would find in any stock, which again, allows for the broth to extract more nutrients, including collagen protein, and more overall flavour and goodness in the final product.
3. Bone quality: most stocks you'll find on the shelf aren't made with high-quality bones. In fact, few of them are actually using all real bones. Instead, they use a meat concentrate that is made from low-quality chicken scraps that is then dehydrated into a powder, and finally, diluted at extremely high temperatures in an aseptic environment to ensure their broths are shelf stable. This is exactly what we don't want in our bone broth, because, the main nutrient we want in our bone broth collagen protein, which you do not get in these stocks.
4. Flavour: because stocks are made with fewer bones than bone broth and are cooked for such a short period of time, the flavour gets sacrificed and ends up tasting very diluted and bland. Our bone broths have a unique flavour, designed to provide you with the convenience of drinking it on-the-go without needing to add anything to it. If you've tried other broths or stocks before, you'll immediately notice our signature flavouring.
How do you cook your broth?
The main difference between stock and bone broth is the cooking process. We use real, high quality bones and a much higher ratio of bones-to-water than you'd see in a typical stock. Bone broth is also cooked for a much longer duration than stock, which is typically cooked for only a few hours. We begin our cooking process in the day time and let the bones simmer over night for 24 hours. This brings out all the important nutrients including collagen protein, micronutrients, and minerals that are so critical for the health of our bodies. The long cooking time also bring out all the deliciousness to add to the flavour of the final product.
Where do you get your bones from?
The most important ingredient in bone broth are the bones, obviously! That’s why we source the best quality bones that we can get here in Canada. Our beef and chicken bones are sourced from organic Canadian farms.
All of the farms we work with have a longstanding reputation for producing some of the best quality meats Canada has to offer.
How long does the broth last?
Our bone broth is shelf stable for 12 months when unopened from the date of production. Once you open the bottle, the broth should be refrigerated and will be good for 7 days.
Is the broth delivered frozen?
Nope! As mentioned above, our bone broth is shelf stable and will be delivered ready to consume.
When do you charge my card or account?
You are charged immediately after check-out
How long will it take for me to receive my refund?
When refunds are requested, we process them immediately. From there, it can take between 2-5 business days for the funds to appear back in your account.
How much is shipping?
We offer free shipping across Canada on orders over $60 and a flat shipping rate of $12 per shipment across Canada for orders below $60. Tracking and delivery notifications are included.
When does my order ship?
It takes us no more than 1 business day after you place your order for us to process your order and get it in the hands of our shipping partners.
How long does shipping take?
Below we have listed estimates provided by our shipping partners. Delays are not common, but they do happen occasionally, especially during holidays.
Ontario - 1-3 business days
Quebec - 2-3 business days
Atlantic Canada - 4-6 business days
Manitoba - 3-4 business days
Saskatchewan - 4-5 business days
Alberta - 5-6 business days
British Colombia - 5-6 business days
How much bone broth should I consume?
This will be different for everyone, however, a good place to start would be one cup a day and see how you feel. Instead of adding small portions to recipes, which is still a great idea, we think consuming it like a tea, as a meal replacement, or as a starter to a meal is the best way to reap all the health benefits bone broth has to offer!
Do you have to dilute this product?
Nope! Our bone broth has been cooked and packaged so that you don’t have to do anything to it. You can enjoy it by warming it up, or as is cold. Some people like drinking it right out of the bottle as it gets you a quick source of protein and nutrients without the hassle of any preparation!
What else can I add to the product?
We love adding coconut oil and grass fed butter to our bone broth. The extra high quality fats gives the broth an incredible layer of texture and deliciousness! We also really like adding green onions and chilli flakes.
How can I make changes to my subscription orders?
1. The first step going to our website and clicking on the login button on the top right corner.
2. Enter your Broya profile log-in information
3. After you log-in, you will be taken to your "my account" homepage. Click on "Manage Subscriptions" on the right side of the screen.
4. Viola! From here, you can skip and edit orders using the "Delivery Schedule" link. If you click the "Subscriptions" link, you'll be able to edit, swap and cancel your subscription. If you'd like to change or update your payment method, you can click the "Billing information" link
If you have any other questions, please send us a message through our contact page, send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org